Tutorials

Friday 10 September 2010

I've been spoiled!

Look what the postman brought yesterday all the way from Australia! Jess of Scrappy n'Happy and I decided a couple of week ago to have our very own little swap. And this is what she made for me.




This very cute pin cushion. Look at the lovely buttons on each side.....




.....and a handy thread wallet, including the lovely embroidery floss.

Jess was also one of the first people who left a comment on my blog when I first started blogging a few month ago and I was tickled pink that someone would actually read my babble ;). So thank you Jess for the lovely gifts as well as your encouragement!

Of course I am nowhere near finished with my gift for her. But I'm working on it and have decided to make a tutorial at the same time. Since it's supposed to be a surprise , I won't reveille what I'm making, but check back here in a couple of weeks.



And this Hexie Caddy I made myself with the help of an excellent tutorial by Penny of Penny's Hands. It's completely sewn by hand. I'm now planning to make another, a bit smaller one, to take along when I go to my quilting group. Take a peek at Penny's blog; it's a treasure trove of free tutorials.

That's it for now.

Cheers
Vreni

15 comments:

SewSofie said...

Lovely lovely stuff from your friend Jess. Good idea to have a mini swap. Maybe you should organise a bigger one via your blog. I'd be in it :) I love the hexie caddy. What a fabulous idea. I'll need t check out the link. All my pins / scissors / pencils etc are scattered all over the table under bigger things. Can never find anything!

Martina said...

So schön, was du da bekommen hast. So swaps scheinen wirklich toll zu sein! Und dein Hexiecaddy sieht ja echt toll aus. Danke für den link, werd mich dort gern mal umsehen.
Wünsch dir ein schönes Wochenende
LG Martina

barcord said...

Your hexi caddy is such a good idea. goin to have a peek at Penny's Hands and try to make one too. Thanks Vreni

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Hi Vreni, I love reading your blog, I feel as though we are great friends who found each other in blogland!
I have marked that hexie caddy to make too! Hugs, Jess

Marjorie said...

What a great project! I hurried right over to the tutorial. I guess I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend.

Rita said...

SAli Vreni
So kleine Swaps sind immer sehr schön und ich finde das immer so "persönlich";))
Die Hexieanleitung werde ich mir anschliessend gleich mal anschauen, finde die Hexies sowieso genial!!
Wünsch Dir noch eine gute Zeit, viele Grüessli aus der langsam herbstlichen Schweiz, Rita

LintLady said...

Hallo Vreni,
oh wie schön es ist solch tolle Post zu bekommen, nicht? Schönes Hexie und die "Nadelblume". Viel Spaß damit.
LG Doris

Lynda said...

Really cute pincushion. Lucky you! I like the hexagon caddie too.

Carol said...

Gorgeous swap and the caddy looks interesting.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, that caddie looks so cool. And a fun swap -- I can't wait to see your part!

Hilde said...

That hexie caddy is going to be a hit! I hope I can make one too to go with my table trash bag and sewing pouch! XXX

MaksiTaksi said...

Lucky you! I love the hexie caddie and the pincushion.
Take care

chrisi said...

schön diese kleine Geschenke,,ich mag Swaps auch sehr grüsse aus der Schweiz

donkey and the carrot said...

So cute!!!!! Lovely!!!!! I am waiting for yours!!! And make a bigger swap!!! I will take part too if you want!!! (with something yummi!!!)
Kisses and hugs
Foivi!

Anonymous said...

Tabs crazy the pursuit generic paroxetine name Seroxat note others, is an antidepressant of the precise serotonin reuptake inhibitor SSRI.
It is habituated to to care critical depressive hurly-burly, obsessive-compulsive unrest, communal tantalize clutter, alarmed concoction, posttraumatic oppression disorder, anxiety hubbub premenstrual.
Been cast-off in infected and continually menopause.
A almost identical ease SSRIs.
communal side effects fathom, useless gob, downfall of tendency, sweating, vex ejaculation.
It a little increased endanger of tablecloths defects.
The likelihood paroxetine.
Distinct from associated paroxetine with suicidal detectable.
This above all tempered to to buy with greater depressive derangement, obsessive-compulsive disorder, importance derangement, societal consideration shambles, dismay shame, passion free-for-all, premenstrual carfuffle and zealous.