Tutorials

Saturday 7 November 2009

New Quilts... new beginnings

This is my version of Meg's Garden by Kellie Wulfsohn of "Don't look now". I've made it for my friend Marianne in Switzerland for her new apartment and I'm happy to say that she was pleased with it. I've enjoyed doing it by raw edge applique and was amazed how fast it came together.



This little quilt I've made for another friend; I've dyed the fabric first and appliqued the tree on, also by raw edge applique.

We are in Singapore at the moment looking for a house to live when we move back in January. As it's very difficult to do any blogging in China, I've not been able to start my blog properly. But I hope to do so soon.

I've become a huge fan of Kellie's blog and work and have decided to take part in the Joseph's Coat Quilt Along. I probably won't be able to share much over the next few weeks but will try to keep up with everybody else's work.

Happy Stitching
Vreni

5 comments:

Marie said...

Both trees are beautiful. Congratulations

Francy said...

Your work is Beautiful! You have very lucky friends!

Andi said...

Hi Vreni
You have signed up for a PIF on my blog but left no way of contacting you.
Can you please send me an email.
Thanks,
Andi
PS Beautiful tree quilts!!!

Oops-Lah said...

Hi Andi, yes, I realized afterwards that I failed to tick the box with my email. So here it is: vreni.kohler@gmail.com. I'm looking forward to takingpart in the PIF.
Cheers
Vreni

Quilts on Bastings said...

What wonderful tree quilts - simply stunning work.