Tutorials

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Christmas came early this year!



Actually it was meant to be my last year's Christmas gift from my dear husband, but it doesn't really matter, as I promised I wouldn't need another birthday or Christmas present for many years to come. Good thing he has a short memory span when it comes to things like this. Anyway, last Saturday my new Bernina 820 was finally delivered, set up and explained to me. This has been my bed time reading for the last couple of evenings:




The 820 can do quite a number of new "tricks" my 440 couldn't do like automatically thread the needle, cut both threads at the push of a button (just to name a few) and of course I love the much bigger working space.

What a perfect excuse to start a new project, don't you think?




If it turns out the way I picture it in my head I will use it as my contribution for this:


Please excuse me now, I have to get back to my new toy ;). Enjoy the rest of your week.

Vreni

9 comments:

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Aren't you a lucky duck! My dream machine - one day....

wishes, true and kind said...

Enjoy your new toy -- lucky you!

I wanted to answer your question on my blog, but your comment didn't link to an email, so I tracked you down here. I will NOT be quilting those quilts myself. I have a friend who has a long arm, and she handles all my large quilts. I'm kind of thinking about hand quilting at least one, but we'll see.... Always so many projects, so little time :). Thanks for visiting my blog.

joan

MaksiTaksi said...

Wow, what a great machine. Congrats. Your DH is certainly a keeper! :))

Crafty Chops said...

Hi oop-Lah,

Thank you for the lovely first comment on my blog (apart from the hubby, who does not count!).

Can I just say that I love your new machine, it's a beauty. Can't wait to see what you make with it.

x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Congratulations on your new toy - she looks amazing - no doubt you will enjoy many hours of creating with her.

SewSofie said...

Hi Vreni
Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. I see you've been busy with lots of quilty goodness.. and the boxes are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing many more creations.
Oh by the way, Im not jealous of your machine one bit .. oh ok... maybe alittle. ;)

meli B said...

Hi There, Thanks for visiting my blog. Baby blanket is just waiting for a name and the back and binding will be applied. I could go on forever and it would just keep growing. When I visited your blog I saw your amazing new toy Bernina. Its funny because I saw it at this week's Quilt Show. There were a few there and they are amazing but the price bracket these ones were in put them in serious toy category. I'll just have to leave it on my wish list for a while. Hope you enjoy yours.

Marie said...

Congratulation on your new toy. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

XUE said...

Fabulous machine! I have a new Bernina - not as amazing as your 830 but still pretty super to me! It's a Bernina QE 440 & I am soooo happy with what it can do. My sewing studio isn't that big so I am happy with the size of the QE as well.